I was at the store last night standing in line listening to two men talk with such disrespect about their wives. What caught my attention most about the conversation was one of the men talking about his wife's new promotion at work, and how she was so excited about it, and felt she worked very hard for that promotion. They were laughing saying how she doesn't know what work is, and that they could do all she does in their sleep along with the jobs they already work. One of the men said that his wife works all day then comes home to take care of the house and the children, and considered that work also...
It really took a lot for me to not turn around and give them a piece of my mind. Woman work just as hard as men do. Sure, maybe not every woman does... just like I know of several men who do not work as hard as me. But for you to disrespect your wife about an accomplishment that she feels proud of in life, is just out of line. Good for her. I don't even know her and I am proud of her.
I work hard, every day all day. I work a full time job, and often put in my share of overtime. I work in a professional field, where I am respected and valued. And then also go home and am a wife; doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, paying bills, budgeting, grocery shopping, taking care of our yard, taking care of a dog, and a husband, I am a friend, a volunteer, and a lover. DO NOT tell me I do not work as hard as you. I do. And someday, on top of all these things I already do, and my already full time job, I will take on a second full time job of being a mother.
It disgusts me, and frustrates me to no end when men and woman alike try to say they work harder than the next person and so on. You know what is more impressive? You working hard and not complaining about someone else "not working as hard as you", or not expecting everyone to bow down to you because you think your the only one who works hard anymore.
And let's also show some respect for our wives... and husbands. I could never imagine talking about my husband with disrespect. Let's show respect for everyone who deserves it. Men are no better than woman, and woman are no better than men. If you want to be treated like an equal, make sure you are putting that to practice on both sides of the field.
No comments:
Post a Comment