Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Enough

I read a really interesting forward today. I don't normally care too much for forwards, but this one got me thinking. The e-mail talks about a father saying good-bye to his daughter and wishing her "enough". The story talks about " When we said, 'I wish you enough, ' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them." And really, this is the perfect thing to wish people, and to wish yourself. Often we find ourselves wishing for the world... wishing for things we may never actually get. We are wishing for things we don't need... we don't need everything... we just need "enough". I want to live my life just wanting enough. Not ever wishing for more then I need. I can't stand the fact to sit here and wish for more money, a newer, better car, or a better job... because I have enough; and there are people out there who do not have enough. We are all blessed, in one way or another; and we should never take things for granted. So...

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright, no matter how gray the day may appear. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirits alive and everlasting. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest joys in like may appear bigger. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough hellos to get you through all the final good-byes."

Take time to live, everyday. Life is short, and the time we get to spend with the ones we love is even shorter.

To all my friends and loved ones,

I wish you enough, always


2 comments: