Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We wished for you... and you came true.

So, long post of my rants and rambles...

I believe that woman have an internal urge, need, want at some point in their life to have children. After all, it is what men and woman were created for. To create life. At some point or another the majority of us will have children, may it be planned or unplanned. The majority of us will accomplish child bearing with no struggle. You'll decide when it is time, and it will happen within a reasonable amount of time. Or, one day  you'll find out you were given a wonderful blessing, and be surprised, but in the end most likely over joyed. Others, unfortunately, more then I would ever wish, will struggle with some form of infertility, weather that be because of you, your partner, or a combination of the two. Please know that if you are apart of this group of people, you are not alone, and this is not your fault.

Infertility. What an ugly, hurtful word. I have never experienced such a painful thing, as many others who struggle with this will agree. I am grateful more then anything that my fertility treatments did not last as long as some people. I spent more time prepping my body medically for the treatments, then the treatments acutally took. All together, this is a battle in the making of about three years, from the say we found out I had a tumor caused by hyperprolactenmia, to fertility prep, to conception. For the ones that have been here for me from the day I was dianosed with hyperprolactenmia, and stood by my side through the ups and downs, thank you. Thank you for the days you let me throw my pitty party, thank you for the kindness and love, and thank you for always reminding me that nothing is impossible and that I was stronger then I thought.

On January 27th, for some weird reason, I decided to pee on a stick.... why I was going to do this to myself, I did not know. I have taken hundreds of stupid tests, and over and over again saw the stupid negative outcome. I don't know what made me want to do it this time. I was told earlier in the month, that yet again the medication did not provide results. I was told again that I spent money on medication, blood work, ultrasounds, and more medication, only to know that again my body did not do what it was suppose to. But, for some reason or another at 10pm on January 27th I decided I was going to take that test. My period was 8 days late... not a surprising or unusual thing for me to encounter. The next day I was suppose to start another wrong of Provera to make it come, so we could start all over again. I had an overwhelming feeling come over me that night. I can't explain it, and I knew seeing that negative sign would do to me what it always did, I would turn into a puddle. I told myself while I unwrapped the wrapper to the test "Ashley, we are not going to freak out. You know what is going to happen." So I peed, sat it down, and walked away. Five minutes later...

What?!?! This was not possible. I ran into our bedroom and was swinging a pee stick around showing Craig. Apparently my husband has some kind of internal communication with my uterus, because he was not at all shocked, and was just concerned about the possible pee that was going to get on him. :) I took many tests after this. The next morning I called my best friend Caitlin and made her look at them to make sure I wasn't insane and there really was two lines on all these sticks. And I also called my doctor, even though it was a Saturday. I told him, and he said it wasn't possible and that my test could have given me a false positive.... uh, all 12 of them? He told me to come to his office and see him so he could have me take a test. So I did, and right away that little pink plus sign showed up. He asked if I was a person of faith, and I told him yes and he said "Ashley, someone listened to your prayers" I still get chills thinking about it.

So I am proud, and so thrilled to annouce that Baby Remington will arrive sometime around October 1st, 2012.
This is an ultrasound of our little gift at 10 weeks 3 days. I am so excited, and feel so blessed.

I have lots of ultrasound pictures already because of my pre exsisting high blood pressure and hypothyroidism. I have had an ultrasound every 2 weeks since week 6. I am now 12 weeks, 1 day. I don't have a preference on if it's a boy or girl, just a happy, healthy pregnauncy and baby. I am currently seeing two doctors, my regular OB who will do my routine pregnauncy checks ups, and also labor and delivery as long as I don't go into pre-term labor, and then I am seeing a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist who will follow my entire pregnauncy and help monitor my blood pressure and thyroid, and also to watch if I get any signs or symptoms of my tumor returning because of the hyperprolactenmia. I feel confident that all will be well, and I know my support system is very strong, and I will have many people by my side throughout this whole process.

Again, I feel so blessed. I do believe our prayers were answered. And, thank you again to all of those who have supported me, you are all blessings in our lives.



5 comments:

  1. I so knew you would be pregnant!! im glad it happened for you guys! Definitely is a wonderful blessing. Congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever got more chills/goosebumps while reading a blog. I am SO happy for you. I had no idea of your existing health conditions- but after reading it, I am so happy that you guys get to experience this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you bestie. It makes me feel honored that I was the 2nd person to know this awesome surprise. Darn that Craig for needing to know before me he he. I love this baby boo more than I can put into words. I know how long this was taking for you two to accomplish this miracle. I know how stressful all of your diagnosis were...but in true Ashley fashion, you came out on top. Baby Boo, your mom is a fighter. You are so lucky. Love you three.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so incredibly happy for you both! And for baby remington, he or she has some pretty strong people for parents. Congrats again you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited! I know I have competition with Emily, but I will be the favorite auntie ;) love you guys, and baby Remington! <3

    ReplyDelete