Wednesday, August 1, 2012

31 Weeks

31 weeks 2 days. I really still feel like all of this is so unreal. I can't believe we will be having a baby in just a few short months. There is just under 9 weeks until my due date. Per my doctor at this point I will be delivering no later then my 38th week by induction. This is really not how I wanted to do things as I had dreamed them up, but due to health issues, we have to do what we have to do. My blood pressure has been really back and fourth this whole time, at points reaching very unsafe, and scary levels. I am maxed out on every medication that I can take during pregnancy, totaling three different medications, of which I am taking medication seven times a day. I have battled chronic hypertension for many, many years now, and unfortunately pregnancy is not kind to a disease of this sort. Nolan is doing great though, which puts my heart at ease. I don't know what I would do if this was effecting him. But, for mommas safety, my OB and my Maternal Fetal Specialist have both agreed that my induction will be scheduled between my 37-38 week of pregnancy. So that moves Mr. Nolans arrival from October 1st, to no later then September 17th. I have been assured that he will be just fine at this point, so I have agreed to do what needs to be done. I am feeling okay. Some days are much worse then others. I am uncomfortable all the time... and I understand that will not get any better until the end :) My morning sickness came back, which sucks. I am down 11 pounds from the start. He is growing well, just making mom sick. Little stinker! I have not been sleeping well at all. I am tired all the time, and could take several naps throughout the day... I am sure working 40 hours a week is not helping that either. We are just awaiting our little mans arrival. The journey will be so rewarding in the end, and I can't wait to meet our son.

2 comments:

  1. It'll be here before you know it, and he is going to be the cutest little boy ever! In the mean time, you guys are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Cant wait... I still have your gift!! Have docs mentioned to ease back on work a little for the last stretch so you can relax your body more to also help with bp? Keep yourself healthy. Im glad nolan is doing great! :) getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete