Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home Stretch

28 Weeks 2 Days! I am into my third and final trimester. I have so many emotions going on right now. I am beyond excited to meet my son, Nolan. But I also have some fear, anxiety, and a little stress that is tumbling around. I have read this is normal, but I never thought it was actually going to happen. I am not sleeping well. Between the peeing marathons, thinking non stop, Mr. Nolan's mid-night dance parties, and just plain being uncomfortable, it has taken a toll on my sleeping schedule. I have found it is easier to sleep on the couch on the reclining areas, but then I miss my husband. I am still craving a lot of fruit. Anything cold. I actually HATED watermelon before I got pregnant, and now, I can't get enough of it. Also, my sun tea over ice. Yep. Makes me happy. I also love chicken. It's pretty much the only meat I can eat. Red meat still makes my stomach turn. I am pretty much over the throwing up, unless I get too hot, or dizzy from my blood pressure. I am super sensitive to the sun this year. I have always gotten really dark in the summer. This year... no. Within minutes I am burning. I make sure to put some sun screen on everyday, because I have learned my lesson several times already. I have not started Nolan's room yet. We do have the crib, dresser, rocking chair, and side table. We just finished up a complete upstairs bathroom remodel (which turned out BEAUTIFUL. My husband is very talented). So now I can start on his room. We are doing it in baseball, which is very fitting with his name :) The colors are red, white, blue and greens. I am excited to put it all together. Good thing I have Caitlin's help so I don't have any melt downs. I have been seeing my OB every two weeks for the last month, and the Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist every 4 weeks. Starting at 32 weeks I will see my OB weekly and the specialist every two weeks. They are monitoring me, and Nolan very close because of my blood pressure. So far Nolan is happy, mom is just struggling with battling the blood pressure. I am trying to work up until he is born, but the fight I am putting up may soon come to an end if the blood pressure continues to climb. When I look down my toes are starting to disappear. It amazes me how much my body changes from day to day. Nolan kicks harder and harder everyday that passes. I am starting to be able to tell which body part is moving across my stomach when he stretches or shifts. I have started to get Braxton Hicks which freaked me out the first time I noticed. My feet have grown about a 1/2 a size. I am still down about 6 pounds from pre pregnancy. At one point I was down 16 pounds so I have started to make up my loses. I can not fit into my regular jeans anymore unless they are unbuttoned and unzipped. Even then, I find them kind of uncomfortable. I am ALWAYS hot. Not matter what I am doing or where I am. Craig and I are both very excited to welcome out little guy into the world, and for him to meet all the wonderful people in our lives. I can't wait to kiss your face, Nolan!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! getting closer! Its exciting isnt it? and yes all the emotions and thinking definitely comes with being pregnant and becoming a mamma! :) I hope you can get your blood pressure under control. im so glad I did! Its tough. try and be calm and limit some of your stresses! if ya need anything please let me know ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see him. He is going to be the cutest! Be sure to post pics of your guys' bathroom remodel and of his room, once its done! I'd love to see it! (I mean, if you want to of course! Lol.)

    ReplyDelete