Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 8 - A Moment

Day Eight - A Moment

I have so many memorable moments... thinking of just one is really quite hard. I will share two; two recent moments that I will never forget. My moments frozen in time!

First - The purchase of our first home.

Wow... for those of you who haven't bought a home, let me warn you now, your Patience will be tested, and your stress levels will find a new all time high. There is so much that goes into the process of buying a home. Money to be lent, contracts to be signed by TWO parties both wanting the best deal, working with your realtor, your Realtor working with theirs, inspections to be done, repairs to be made, appraisals to go through... I knew going into it it wasn't going to be a piece of cake, but man were we in for some surprises.

Its a big decision to make. You are buying a piece of property. There isn't a one of two year lease you can walk away from. The repairs are yours to deal with. The mortgage must be paid monthly, period. There is never ending upkeep.And when your sick of the house, or ready to upgrade; you now have to sale it, a whole new boat to be in.

I remember when we got to closing day, I was so excited all day, I could barely work. I talked to my lender and Realtor a 100 times that week getting final details, and paper work done. 4pm came around and Craig and I were sitting in the title companies office with a stack of papers and a brand new pen in our hands waiting to be explained each paper. I remember how it all felt all so surreal. Once these papers were signed that was it. No turning back. A 30 year commitment we were making. Sign here, initial here, sign here, initial here. We signed out ream of papers, and left the office to go wait for the 24 hour funding period... I just wanted the keys already!

So the day was here. Sandra our Realtor called and said we could have the keys. She took them to Craig at work, and I made him promise not to go there without me! It was so weird pulling up to the house for the first time. It was ours. Really truly, ours. We walked though all the rooms again, dreaming of all the things we would do in this house. I remember us sitting in our empty house, on our empty living room floor and just being so excited, and scared. We bought a home... our home. I can't wait for all the memories we will build there!

Two - My engagement

September 26, 2010. It wasn't a fancy event. In fact we had just been in the car for 6 hours... we both were not looking are greatest, we were tired, hungry, and a little hung over from our weekend in Vegas. I was laying on our bed, half asleep; and Craig came and laid next to me. He told me to open my hand and close my eyes; knowing Craig I was waiting for a candy wrapper or something stupid to end up there. He told me he loved me and when I opened my eyes it was defiantly not a wrapper. I was so surprised, and shocked. I didn't even know what to say to him. I of course started crying. It was beautiful. The feeling I had was so amazing, something I will never forget. I am so excited to marry my best friend.

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy for you when you finally got the house! I can't wait to come see all the work you have done to it!

    That's funny you were expecting a candy wrapper! you didn't tell me that part lol. We are so happy for you two, and we love you both!

    ReplyDelete