Family is very important to me. They mold who a person is. I am very close to my parents, and it makes it hard that they live in another state. Luckily I love where they live, and both myself, and my parents are in situations that make it easier for me to come visit.
Mom
My mom's name is Linda. She was born and rasied in North Carolina. My mom had a hard life growing up, so it taught her to be hard headed, strong, and financial smart. My mother never wanted my brother or I to have to struggle like she did. My mom had me at a young age; and my biological father did not stick around to take on his responsiblities. My mother moved to Idaho while she was pregnaunt to get away from her life; my gransmother went with her and together they raised me my first years of life. The struggled every day; one working a day shift the other working a night shift to be able to take care of themselves, but most importantly me. My mom worked my whole life, up until I was 12, and my family's situation became much better, and much more stable. She does taxes now, so she works full tiem for 4 months, and a few days a month for the rest of the year. I am grateful for both of them and they have both taught me a lot. My mom is a very artisic and creative; she is smart, and is a good listener. When I was a teenager my mother and I had a lot of hard times because we didn't see eye to eye. I see now, that mom often knew what she was talking about. One thing I love about my mom is she tells it how it is. My mom has never been one to sugar coat things; she wants you to realize that life isn't always fair, and that you are going to get hurt, but you can pick yourself back up and try again. Although I always said I would never become my mother; over the years I have noticed that is exactly who I am becoming.... and I wouldn't take it any other way.
Dad -
This is dad. His name is Joel. He grew up in Southern California. He moved to Idaho the end of high school with his mom when his parents divorced. My dad is the hardest working person I have ever met. This is my hero. He isn't my father by blood, but he is more of a dad then I could have ever asked for. Most of my life my add worked two, sometimes three jobs to support my family. My dad has everything he has in life because he worked HARD for it; everyday. My dad is the coodinator of tax collections for the Arizona state tax commison. Yes... I did follow in dad's footsteps. My dad is a very dedicated person, if he sets his mind to do something, he will do it. My dad is also a firm believer in "street smarts". He believes that the smartest people, and the people who do best in life don't know a book from cover to cover... they know life, and the reality of it. If I ever need advise, this is the person I go too. I love my dad, and am so glad that he found us.
Well put :)
ReplyDeleteI love your parents. They have always been very good people!
ReplyDeleteYour parents have always made me feel really comfortable. You have a great family and I'm so happy I get to be a part of it through Kasara.
ReplyDelete