Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Better late....

Well... I am a little late on this post, I have been very busy being MOMMY!!

So I would like to announce to the blogger world the arrival of our son, Nolan Fletcher Lamont Remington. Born September 10th, 2012 at 6:44pm. He was 5 pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long.
We are so happy he is here. I wouldn't take back on struggle, penny, or tear for him. As for the birth story. I was induced at 3pm on Sunday, September 9th. My doctors felt confident we would have him no later then Monday afternoon. I was nervous going to the hospital that day. I had so many mixed emotions. This was not how I ever thought I would do the whole bringing a baby into the world thing. But, as I had learned over the last few years, there was just some things I could not control. This was the best thing for not only Nolan, but me. We had gone over all the options, and this was what was the safest for both of us at this point. Craig and I spent Sunday at the hospital by ourselves. Taking time to enjoy one another in our last hours as just us. We watched movies, talked, laughed, held hands as we starred at the fetal heart monitor. They wanted me to rest as much as possible. I tried to get as much sleep as I could Sunday night. (As much as you can while in labor) At 6am our good friend Brittany started her shift. She had taken this shift just to deliver Nolan :) She came in, and got me hooked up to the pitocin. At 7:30am my Dr. came in and broke my water, and at 8:30am I had an epidural. I thought I was going to be able to go longer without one, but my blood pressure was already climbing. It was a long day. We waited, waited and waited some more. I was having horrible back labor, which an epidural doesn't help much with. I was having so much pressure in my lower back but I was not dilating. By 3 pm I was only to a 4. They turned up the pitocin after talking to me about it. During the next few hours my blood pressure climbed, and Nolans heart rate kept dropping. I was moved into several different positions. At 5:15 my Dr came back to talk to me. She checked me again, still at a 4. She could feel Nolans head try to push out with every contraction, and would watch his heart rate drop. She said she felt pretty confident that Nolan was face up instead of face down, and that the cord was around his neck. She knew I did not want a c section, so she explained to me that at this point she could not force me to have one, but that I have stopped progressing, and my blood pressure is getting into a danger zone, and that Nolan is in distress. She said she could let me keep trying until I needed an emergency c section, or we could just go do it now and get him out and my blood pressure under control. Craig and I talked about it, and decided that it would be selfish to put Nolan in any possible danger, so I agreed to go ahead and do the c section now. As they were wheeling me into the OR I shifted and pulled out my epidural. So they had to re do my whole epidural and wait for it to numb me up high enough. Once that was ready to go they started the removal of Nolan. Where they cut you for a c section is where your babies sholders should be. When my Dr cut me open and got to the placenta and cut, she had baby Nolan looking right up at her. She said that was the first time she had ever seen that during one of her c ssections. The cord was around his little neck, so they pulled that off, pulled him out and cut the cord at 6:44 pm. ( I was super sad Craig couldn't cut the cord, but with c sections things must stay sterile) He cried instantly, which made me feel so much better since while they were taking me to the OR they introduce you to the team that will make your baby breathe since it is common for them to not breathe at first with c sections. Nolan wa perfectly healthly. Craig was in love and so proud. I finally got to hold my angel at 9:05pm. My life felt so fulfilled with him in my arms.
On the way to the operating room.
I love you Nolan. Thank you for making my wishes come true.
 

1 comment:

  1. glad you finally posted the story. Little Nolan has brought so much love into this family that we didn't know was missing...I never knew you could love someone so much. I mean I loved him from the day I found out you were pregnant, but it is nothing compared to the love I felt when he came into the world. <3

    We love you guys

    ReplyDelete