Friday, January 6, 2012

Waiting

Waiting.... and I am still waiting. It feels like lately this is all I have been doing. Sitting, waiting, wishing, praying.

I am a religious person, but I am pretty quiet about it, because I know it's not for everyone, and it makes some people feel uncomfortable. If you are one of those people, you probably should stop reading now, and just wait for another blog update. I am trying to be more in touch with God... asking for his assistance in many things... but most of all his assistance in my patience, and positive outlook... his assistance in strength. After praying hard last night I woke up this morning with a strange feeling of peace. A calmness inside that I haven't felt in sometime. The word wait took on a new significant meaning for me today. I always viewed waiting as a negative thing, more like a lack of progression, and accomplishment. But when we are waiting upon the Lord, waiting somehow is no longer negative. Waiting on the Lord means to hope, to anticipate, and to trust. To hope and trust in the Lord requires faith, humility, meekness, patience, long suffering, and enduring until the very end. Until the moment when all your waiting pays off... and it WILL. The Lord has never failed me before, why would he now? He won't. He loves me, and wants me to feel all the joy he can possibly give me.

So I will continue to wait, and most importantly pray for Craig and I, and for our future together. Pray with me if you can. There is surely no such thing as too many prayers.

2 comments: