Thursday, March 13, 2014

Disappearing Act

I have disappeared for quite awhile, and one of my goals is to be better about documenting this crazy life of mine. Life is crazy busy. Working full time, mommy, wife. I find myself with very few spare moments... and those moments I do find, I have been trying to enjoy a nice bath and a book :)

2013 was a great year. We watched Nolan grow so much. We both advanced in our jobs. We visited family, took some vacations with friends, and just enjoyed life as a family. My best friend had a beautiful baby girl, Craig and I celebrated ten years together, we spent Christmas with my family for the first time in 6 years, Nolan had tubes put in his ears, I had gallbladder surgery, I got a promotion at work, Craig and I went on Vegas to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we took a family vacation to Arizona, Craigs grandmother passed away after battling cancer for 12 years, we spent a week in San Francisco with Craigs family, went to AT & T ballpark and crossed another MLB field off our list, celebrated Nolan's first Birthday, we threw an awesome Murder Mystery party, Emily graduated from nursing school, and so many other things! Having Nolan is a wonderful blessing. Exhausting and very hard at times, but, so worth it. He brings happiness to the whole family.

It seems like life is happening so fast lately. The days, weeks, months, and years are blowing past me. I keep trying to reach out and grab them to slow them down. I try to take in a moment of everyday, no matter how busy I am. I know before I know it Nolan will be graduating high school, getting married, having babies of his own. I cherish his small hangs, jumbled words, messy face, and sweet sloppy kisses, knowing full and well that all those things will be different tomorrow, and the next day, and one day... they will be gone.

2014 has been good for us so far, and we plan on making the most of it just like every year. Craig and I will be traveling to Seattle this year to see the New York Yankees play the Seattle Mariners, and bid Derek Jeter a farewell. My parents will be up in June to visit us. Mathew and Kasara are building a house and it will be done! I will be participating in the Tooele Arts Festival for my business Anchored Hearts Custom Crafts. I have friends getting married, friends having babies, new adventures at work, camping trips, new traditions to start, Nolan turning two, and welcoming baby Remi #2 to the family in September :)

Life truly is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back in blogging :)
    And.. WHAT! Baby #2!? Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennie! Yes, Baby#2! :D September 21st

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, PLEASE keep up on blogging! I've missed you. ;) 2013 was a great year! so will 2014, welcoming this new baby into our family will be the best part! I can't wait! hopefully 2014 will bring another visit to Az! and tell baby Remi #2 thanks for being due in Sept so we wont have to come during the brutal winter. lol. Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek!!! You blogged!!! I really need to get back into it as well. Thanks for thinking of me and baby girl in your busy exciting year. You're a great auntie! :)

    ReplyDelete