Things have been a little hectic lately. I was hit by a drunk driver on my way to work on September 7th. at 7:30am... YES, you read that right, a drunk drive at 7am on a Wednesday. The experience had been crazy. My car is totaled, I have a hairline fracture in my left hip, two cracked ribs on my right side, a pinched nerve in my neck, and a small tear in my muscle that runs from my right shoulder up my neck, and two bulging disc's in my neck. I also have some minor internal bruising which caused a lot of pain for awhile but is now calming down. This process is still continuing and probably will for many months. We ended up having to get a lawyer because the insurance company was not cooperating at all.
I think the worst part about all this has been that now I am so tense when driving. I was completely hit out of no where when this happened, so now I find myself continually looking for something that may go wrong. It is really a horrible feeling and I hate driving now. I am told this will pass... but while it is here, it sucks.
I got a new car out of the whole deal though... actually we bought two new vehicles within a week. Craig now owns a Ford F150 Supercharged Harley edition truck, and I have a 2010 Chevy HHR. They are both very nice cars.
On another note... fall is here! I am sad, but also a little excited. I love summer more then anything... and I think fall is beautiful, but it brings winter! ICK! But I am so excited about all the holidays coming; this makes the winter all worth it. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years! I am a holiday junkie.
Well, here was my quick update.... hopefully the next one will be sooner rather then later.
Oh my heck that is awful. I heard about the wreck, but only a little bit, so I had no idea your injuries or anything. I am so sorry!
ReplyDeleteI got into a bad accident a few years ago- and I was terrified to drive for months, but it does pass. The intersection it happened in though I still have a hard time going through.
Hang in there girl!